The British Canoeing Awarding Body Fitness for Paddlesport Module is designed to introduce competition and recreational coaches to the key concepts of fitness – training, nutrition and physiology.
Fitness for Paddlesport Overview
3 hours – land-based
Aimed at Instructors, Coaches and Leaders
Finding a Fitness for Paddlesport Course
To find a course in your area, contact your Delivery Centre by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
The three-hour Module is intended as a stand-alone module. Paddlers and coaches can attend with no prior knowledge of sports science.
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Provide the details of a normal balanced diet
- Explain the links between diet and performance
- Discuss conditioning training for their paddlesport discipline(s)
- Identify the benefits of strength training for canoe and kayak
- Describe the reasons behind planning for and regularly monitoring fitness programmes for paddlers.
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical activities as part of this course. The Fitness for Paddlesports Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the Fitness for Paddlesports Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.