The British Canoeing Awarding Body ‘Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport’ Foundation Module has been developed for paddling or non-paddling coaches working with paddlers in their first few years of paddling activity. The workshop can be tailored to suit coaches from Level 1 through to Level 5 from any discipline.
Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport Overview
Aimed at Instructors, Coaches and Leaders
Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport Course
To find a course in your area, contact your Delivery Centre by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
Course Content and Structure
This workshop aims to help ensure that paddlers develop quality skills during their formative years by expanding coaches’:
- Understanding about what is required to add quality to performance
- Observation and analysing skills
- Ability to use appropriate games, activities and practices to develop performance
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the three concepts that underpin the Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport (Balance, Coordination and Agility)
- Understand the link between FUNdamentals of Movement in Paddlesport and the four concepts of Fundamental Paddlesport Skills (Active Posture, Connectivity, Power Transfer and Feel)
- Understand the application of three concepts through observation/performance of a variety of Fundamental Movement skills and Discipline Specific skills
- Observe and evaluate performance in relation to three concepts at Novice (Cognitive), Practising (Associative) and Skilled (Autonomous)
- Develop practices to improve observed areas in relation to the three concepts.
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical on-the-water activities as part of this course. The ‘Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport’ Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the ‘Fundamentals of Movement in Paddlesport’ Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.