The British Canoeing Awarding Body Mentoring for Paddlesport Coaches Module seeks to equip coaches with a definition of modern mentoring, identifying its principles, elements of best practice and the vocabulary which current mentor education embraces.
Mentoring for Paddlesport Coaches Overview
Aimed at Level 1-2 coaches
Find a Mentoring for Paddlesport Coaches Course
To find a course in your area, contact your Delivery Centre by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Mentoring is a skill and therefore can be learnt
- Effective mentoring has a process with a definite form
- There are rewards and challenges when taking on the role of the mentor
- The need to identify a clear vocabulary for accurate mentoring
- Where in their own coaching relationships could they explore practical opportunities to develop their mentoring skills.
This is a land-based Module delivered in 3 hours of contact time. Participants should be prepared to participate in practical activities as part of this course.
The Mentoring for Paddlesport Coaches Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
Upon completion of the Mentoring for Paddlesport Coaches Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.