The British Canoeing Awarding Body Outdoor Education and Paddlesport Module seeks to equip coaches with an understanding of outdoor education.
Outdoor Education and Paddlesport Overview
Aimed at Instructors, Coaches and Leaders
Find an Outdoor Education and Paddlesport Course
To find a course in your area, contact your Delivery Centre by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
Course Content and Structure
Many definitions exist of outdoor education but general agreement within research and literature suggests that outdoor education is:
- Education in the outdoors
- Education for the outdoors
- The use of resources outdoors to meet educational goals
This three-hour Module is designed to introduce paddlesport coaches to the key concepts of coaching in the outdoors.
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Consider the role of paddlesport in outdoor education
- Appreciate the importance of current research to support our work as coaches
- Raise the importance of setting clear outcomes to meet our goals in outdoor education
- Identify how we might categorise goals so that we can develop better strategies to meet them
- Develop your own ways forward to incorporate the key ideas from this presentation into paddlesport coaching relating to the individual, group or environment
This is a land-based module delivered in three hours of contact time.
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical activities as part of this course. The ‘Outdoor Education and Paddlesport’ Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the ‘Outdoor Education and Paddlesport’ Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.