Performance Planning for Paddlesports Coaches Overview
Module open to all ages
To view the associated documents with this course, click here
No registration required
The three hour British Canoeing Awarding Body Performance Planning for Paddlesports Coaches Foundation Module seeks to develop a vocabulary in coaches to understand how to articulate a three-phase breakdown of the performers’ needs.
- The accurate breakdown of the type of paddling in focus
- Complete a performance profile of a paddler
- Construct a development plan to move the paddler accurately forwards in the desired context
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- The accurate science-based description of the activity in focus, i.e. DW long distance, 24-hour aerobic and endurance event
- Terminology in the context of physiological profiling
- Terminology in the context of skill-based profiling
- Terminology in the context of psychological or mental profiling
- Periodisation and its application in improving performance
- Some of the age and gender issues when improving performers
- The key issue of prioritisation or targeting weaknesses
This is a land-based module delivered in three hours of contact time.
Participants should be prepared to participate in practical activities as part of this Module. The Performance Planning for Paddlesport Coaches Foundation Module is an attendance course and there is no formal assessment.
On completion of the Performance Planning for Paddlesport Coaches Foundation Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue an attendance certificate.
Find a Performance Planning for Paddlesports Coaches Course
To find a course in your area, visit your Delivery Centre website by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page.