The British Canoeing Awarding Body Polo Support Module is designed to assist coaches who want to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of polo.
The course introduces and explains the basic techniques and coaching strategies. With syllabi written to focus on coaches who are likely to be supporting early development athletes, the Module seeks to support the continuing process of good coaching practice on the riverbank. Paddling skills are not required.
Polo Support Module Overview
At the point of registration, the following prerequisites are required:
- Registration Fee
- A British Canoeing Awarding Body Coaching Qualification
- Age 16 years, or older
To view the associated documents with this course, click here
Register at least 2 weeks prior to the training course
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this workshop, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the role of the British Canoeing Polo Committee, International Canoe Federation and competition framework
- Understand equipment design and its application to Polo
- Understand the basic physical and mechanical properties of selected muscles
- Be able to discuss and analyse selected movements and their application to Polo
- Be able to perform analysis of movement patterns and problem solving
- Be able to deliver practical activities to enhance students’ learning and understanding of movement
- Demonstrate student-centred learning and application of knowledge
Delivered over six hours, the course includes both practical and theory sessions. Classroom sessions will be supplemented by demonstrations, group activities, videos and worksheet resources. Coaches will work towards understanding these core skills, while building specific coaching tools to aid the delivery of fun and productive sessions. The course is designed to be delivered indoors and/or outdoors.
Upon completion of the Polo Support Module the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue a certificate of attendance.
Find a Polo Support Module Course
To find a course in your area, visit your Delivery Centre website by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page.