A selection of resources to support your leadership decision making when using weirs.
The presentation and supporting documents provide valuable knowledge for any leader wishing to include the safe, dynamic appraisal and shooting of weirs in their trip planning. The Paddlesport Touring Leader Award specifically includes the use of weirs within a British Canoeing remit but these resources can be used by anyone to support the use of weirs.
British Canoeing Awarding Body is pleased to share the following interactive webinars based on this presentation. Please follow the links to register for the sessions.
- Thursday 16th September 2021 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Tuesday 12th October 2021 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Wednesday 17th November 2021 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Monday 24th January 2022 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Wednesday 23rd February 2022 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- Thursday 24th March 2022 – 7.30pm – 9.00pm
Supporting videos referenced in the presentation
- Natural Resources Wales / Rescue 3 Europe Weir Assessment System
- ROSPA: Weir Dangers article – Paul O’Sullivan & Christina McKay 2009
- Environment Agency: River Weirs Good Practice Guide – Charles Rickard, Rodney Day & Jeremy Purseglove 2003