A free PDF resource or printed copy avaible to purchase.
Safety and Rescue Essentials is a new resource which gives the paddler an insight into the techniques required for staying safe and performing simple rescues on moving water.
- Planning, preparation and incident avoidance
- Kit, equipment and boat set up
- Swimming in whitewater
- Simple rescues such as shouting, reaching and throwing
- Mechanical Advantage systems
- Boat based rescues (canoe and kayak)
- Using a chest harness
- Entrapment situations
- Accessing Steep ground
The resource is paddler friendly and features plenty of real action pictures to bring it to life.