The British Canoeing Awarding Body ‘Stand Up Paddleboard’ Support Module is designed to assist anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP).
The Module introduces and explains the basic techniques and develops an understanding of SUP. The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module Overview
This Module is aimed at anyone who is interested in developing their SUP knowledge. There are no registration requirements before attending the course, although candidates need to be aged 14 or over.
Find a Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module Course
To find a course in your area, contact your Delivery Centre by clicking the relevant logo at the bottom of this page
To view the associated documents with this course, click here.
Course Content and Structure
By the end of this Module, participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the worldwide development of the sport and the role of the various bodies on the field including British Canoeing Awarding Body, Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI), British Stand Up Paddleboard Association (BSUPA), Sport England and Adventure Activities Licencing Service (AALS)
- Understand equipment design, size and modification to suit individual requirements
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each
- Understand the different types of Board available, their characteristics and the different techniques used on them
- Understand handling an SUP efficiently.
Delivered over six hours, the Module is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
Participants will work towards understanding the core skills, whilst building specific techniques to aid the enjoyment, fun and progress their skills using an SUP.
Upon completion of the ‘Stand Up Paddleboard’ Support Module, the course provider will submit successful participants for certification. Your Delivery Centre will then issue a certificate of attendance.